Darren was at the launch the Conservative Party election manifesto this morning where the Prime Minister set out our commitments for the next five years.
Darren commented 'It is clear that it is only the Conservative Party which offers real security and a brighter future to working people in Britain today.'
The Prime Minister said:
‘At the heart of this manifesto is a simple proposition. We are the party of working people,offering you security at every stage of your life.
‘If you’re a young person looking for training, if you’re looking for a decent job, if you want to buy your own home, if you’re raising a family and need help with childcare, if you fall ill and need to rely on our NHS, if you are reaching retirement and want real security, we are there for you – offering security at every stage of your life.
‘My message to Britain is this: we have come this far together. Let’s not waste the past five years. Now is not a time to put it all at risk, but to build on the progress we have made. We are the party of working people. So if you want a more secure Britain, if you want a brighter future for your family and for you, then together, let’s build on what we’ve done and see this through.’
The Prime Minister also confirmed our existing Conservative commitments to the working people of Britain:
· Economic security by eliminating the deficit and running a surplus on a clear timetable.
· Tax cuts: raising the tax free personal allowance threshold to £12,500 and raising the threshold that people pay 40p tax to £50,000 by 2020.
· A plan to create two million jobs and three million apprenticeships.
· Protecting and improving the NHS by providing an extra £8 billion a year in real terms by 2020.
· 200,000 Starter Homes.
· A reduced benefit cap so we reward work.
And remember there are three important things our party offers the people of Britain, which no other party can match:
1. Strong Leadership:This manifesto confirms only the Conservatives have the leadership necessary to take Britain through to brighter days.
2. A Clear Economic Plan:This manifesto is about seeing through our long-term economic plan – because that is the foundation stone of everything. Conservatives understand that there can be no national security without economic security.
3. A Brighter, More Secure Future:Taken together, this all adds up to a brighter, more secure future for the British people – now let’s work together and finish the job.