- Theresa May and the Conservatives want every child to have the best start in life, and every generation to do better than the last.
- That’s why we are working hard to build a stronger, fairer economy and a more caring society – a country where everyone’s hard work is recognised and rewarded, and people can lead fulfilling, happy lives.
- This way we can build a country that works for everyone, one which is ready to meet the challenges of the future head on, with hope and optimism that our best days lie ahead of us.
- In doing all of this we will strengthen our precious Union and make sure we are a truly Global Britain, providing leadership in the World.
The Conservatives are:
- Making the economy work for everyone by:
- helping people with the cost of living;
- investing in public services like the NHS, while getting debt falling; and
- backing businesses to create good jobs, while ensuring they play by the rules.
- Building the homes people need, so everyone can afford a safe, decent place to live, and help as many people as possible to get on the housing ladder.
- Improving schools, colleges and universities so everyone can have the best start in life, and go as far as their talents and hard work can take them.
- Protecting our natural environment so we leave a cleaner, greener Britain for our children, with stronger protections for animal welfare and tough action on plastic waste.
- Keeping our families, communities and country safe by making sure the police, armed forces and intelligence agencies have the powers and the money they need.
- Getting the best Brexit deal for you, your family and the whole country, delivering on the referendum vote to get control of our money, borders and laws, while building a strong new relationship with Europe.
- Tackling burning injustices, wherever they exist in our society, so people can achieve their true potential, whatever their background and circumstances.